To have a long, good life, I must follow these rules:
- Run barefoot in the cold. It makes you happy, proud and fit.
- Be curious, but focus your curiosity
- Read aloud
- Read novels
- Compassionate meditation
- Be mindful
- Assume wisdom can increase with age
- Learn new words in the language of your choice
- Learn how to improve your memory
- do not read newspapers
- do not follow NBA, or any other sport
- Don’t feel sory for someone who doesn’t need it.
- Everyone thinks they’re curious when they’re warm and rested. It’s a different matter to be curious through adversity.
- It’s not as easy as pie to learn to enjoy eating
- It’s more often better than your best case scenario than worse than your worst case scenario — but almost always somewhere in between anyway.
- The hero mode is not your instinctive mode.